When my sister and I first lost our weight (I lost 70 pounds - and kept that off for 7 years . . .um, 35 pounds may have crept back??!!) – Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup was a staple. A year ago they came out with a zero point Mexican soup and a zero point Italian soup. I decided to make a zero point Mexican soup for this week.
Spicy Zero Point Mexican Soup
- 64 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 4 ounce (1 small) zucchini, chopped
- 1 whole jalapeno, seeds removed, chopped
- 14 ounce Mexican tomatoes
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
Put vegetable broth in pot. Throw in the rest of the ingredients and cook until the green beans and peppers are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat, and puree with stick blender. I serve with a pinch of cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro and a quick splash of lime – yum!
Here’s how it looks after its simmer for 30 minutes.
It makes 14 cups!
In the past I used to have a cup of this with lunch and a cup with dinner – and I plan on doing it this week too.
See you tonight for Chili!