Oh my – I think I just ate the best sandwich of my life! More on that in a second though! When I was at the store, they actually had corn on the cob on sale! What, its not July?! Three ears was only $1 – I love the combo of the yellow and white kernels – it was surprisingly very good!
But the star of the show was the horseradish sauce on my sandwich!
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon (I used a full tablespoon – loves my mustard!)
- 1 tablespoon Annie’s parmesan artichoke dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (no way Jose!)
And then the pepperiness (I am sure that’s not word!) of the arugula – the whole combination was amazing.
Then I grilled it in 1 teaspoon of butter and Pam:
Roast Beef Sandwich with Arugula and Horseradish Sauce:
- 3 ounces sliced roast beef (this is left over from my roast on Sunday)
- 3 ounces sourdough bread (mine was from Panera)
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese
- handful of arugula
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce from above
The whole sandwich comes in at 487 calories, 14 fat, 43 carbs.
Tony isn’t a huge fan of horseradish, and Hannah made him a deluxe panini for lunch, so I made him an open face roast beef sandwich on the sourdough bread with the leftover mushroom gravy.
So right now I am watching American Idol – total sucker for the people who think they can sing! I am taping Biggest Loser to watch later so I can speed through the commercials!
- 25 minutes of exercise
- 1385 calories
- 42 fat
- 176 carbs
So I still have some of the roast beef left and Tony had a great idea – roast beef hash! I believe that will be my breakfast tomorrow with an egg white omelet! Have a good night all, see you tomorrow!