So Hannah and I were going over the menu for the week, and tonight we decided that we would have Asian chicken lettuce wraps, fried rice with peas and bean sprouts and Trader Joe’s chicken egg rolls. Yum!
Until we are driving home from the store and we both remembered that she had to babysit tonight at six! There was not going to be enough time to make that, and since she had her heart set on that meal, I pushed it back later in the week. So Tony and I were on our own!
Both of us weren’t that hungry because we had a late lunch. I had been defrosting chicken breasts to make Chicken Brunswick Stew (recipe to follow later in the week!) and I decided to take one breast and make lemon pepper chicken sandwiches.
- 4 ounces chicken breast (weighs in at 3 ounces when cooked)
- 1 dinner roll (130 calories)
- .65 ounce Swiss cheese
- 1 piece of cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon Annie’s Parmesan artichoke salad dressing on the top bun
On the side we had Bugels. When is the last time you had a Bugel?? Although Tony and I remember being able to put them on your finger tips as witches fingers but neither of us could do it with this bunch – they were all too flat! We each had 1/2 a serving – 1 serving is 1 1/3 cups, which is pretty generous!
So for my $152 grocery spend, here is what’s on the menu:
- steak tartare
- jalapeno popper dip (can’t wait!)
- crab artichoke dip
- assorted crackers and pita chips
- Cavitapi pasta with Italian Sunday Gravy (btw, this froze beautifully!!!)
- garlic bread
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Fried Rice with Peas and Bean Sprouts
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Eggrolls
- Chicago-Style Italian Roast Beef
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Green beans almandine
- Chicken Brunswick Stew
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Dessert: Balsamic strawberries with ricotta cream (this pic was with my old camera!)
- Cheesy Beef Sandwiches
- Oven Fries (trying again after suggestions!)
- Spinach Salad
- Spinach Lasagna
- Garden Salad
- Garlic Bread
And I have stuff for me and Tony for lunches next week – not too bad!
Okay, I am off to make the jalapeno dip and crab dip so that all I have to do is pop them in the oven tomorrow.
Hope everyone had a good Saturday – see you for the best and worst day of the year for Tony. The best day of the year because its the Superbowl. But the worst day because now he has to wait 7 months for next season to begin! Now we just have to wait for baseball season to start, which I am all over! Go White Sox!!!!