While Tony and I had decided on steak for dinner, I thought I would make some sort of scallop dish – that is until I got to the store and their scallops, which didn’t look all that great, were $15 a pound! No thanks! So I did end up getting shrimp. I also got some inexpensive sirloin tip steaks – two steaks for $5. I was kind of worried that they would be awful – but they were delicious!!
But before I get to dinner, I did pretty good for my first day of the challenge – I earned 71 points today!
- I had 5 servings of vegetables = 5 points
- I had my 8 glasses of water =8 points
- I walked for 45 minutes = 45 points
- I did not have pop = 1 point
- I read a new blog today and left a comment = 1 point
- I had a healthy (spicy!) breakfast = 1 point
- I kept a food journal ala www.calorieking.com = 5 points
- Took a walk during lunch break – 5 points
I had an idea of making bacon wrapped scallops, but bacon wrapped shrimp filled in.
The recipe I had for the scallops called for precooking the bacon just a bit – turns out Tony was right – I ended up wrapping half the shrimp in raw bacon and it was a lot easier.
I also had the idea of grilling zucchini on the grill, but it looked awful at the store. Broccoli was on sale so I decided I would try and grill broccoli – it was so good! It was cooked, but still crisp!
When the steaks were done, I moved them to the outside along with the broccoli – then I added the shrimp to the barbie!
The steaks turned out so juicy! I have to hand it to Tony who got the coals right – that’s my biggest downfall!
Sox are winning 9 – 0 last time I checked – off to snuggle with Tony! See you tomorrow!