I love making frittatas because its almost a “what do I have in the fridge” sort of dish to put together. I love red potatoes, simply because you don’t have to peel them. Several recipes that I saw called for putting raw potatoes in the frittata – but I wasn’t sure they would be cooked all the way through – there is nothing worse then slicing into a frittata and have a crunchy potato.
Potato Basil Frittata with Zucchini and Red Peppers
- 4 servings: 255 calories, 11.8 fat, 14.4 carbs, 1.2 fiber, 15.1 protein = 6 PointsPlus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounce red potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 8 ounces egg beaters
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a cast iron skillet, melt butter. Lay the potatoes down and cook for five minutes on each side. Spray a medium size casserole dish and lay the potatoes on the bottom.
- Throw the zucchini and red pepper in the same cast iron skillet, and cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle over the top of the potatoes.
- Mix remaining ingredients well and pour over the top of the veggies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Cool slightly before slicing.
I also had an asiago cheese scuffin on the side – breakfast comes in at 10 points.
Tony is getting a little better each day – still super tired though! I wish I could give him my gift of sleep. Seriously, I am asleep within 5 minutes and can sleep through the night even up to 12 hours no problem. He’s lucky if he gets four hours in a row. 😦
I made him some sammies to have during the day. I packed my gym bag and was actually going to try to run a 5k just to see where I was at. I got to the car, was checking if I had everything, and realized I forgot to pack sweat pants. Dammit! A few days ago a would have just driven to McDonald’s – but I grabbed my camera and started walking.
It was 28 degrees, but the sun was shining and there wasn’t much wind. I ended up walking for 50 minutes! It was so refreshing! Here are some pics of my walk:
I was actually surprised how sore my legs were the rest of the afternoon! It’s amazing how out of shape you can get in just a couple weeks. I was really hungry by the time I got back to the office and could not wait for my lunch! I had thawed out 5 of my chicken pesto meatballs. . . .
I seriously hated my computer this morning – I lost the second half of my post. Every time I tried to publish, a “script” was running that prevented it from publishing. I tried for an hour and twenty minutes in between getting ready for work and putting my food together – what you missed was a picture of a delicious meatball sub that was 10 points, and sauerkraut sliders. I am so pissed!
But now I am at work so there’s nothing I can do – hey, if that’s the worst thing that happens today I should consider myself lucky!