Our weather was so gross this weekend. Cool, rainy, damp. After I got back from WW on Saturday morning I did something I haven’t done in ages – I went back to bed! I got home from WW around 9:45, and went back to bed and woke up at 11:15 – it felt really good. 😀
I always feel like baking whenever it’s chilly outside. I decided to make a batch of my pumpkin scones for breakfast this week. I love that each one is only 4 points!
Tony doesn’t like scones so they are all mine. 😀 One thing Tony does love is red beans and rice – and his method could not be simpler. One box Zataran’s red beans and rice. 1 package of cooked kialbasa. Combine rice mix according to package directions – add in diced sausage, put it in your rice cooker and press “cook.” In my mind I was going to soak red beans, make it from scratch. Um, this was so easy and good, I think I’ll stick with it. It was cooked in just 45 minutes.
So what’s on my menu this week? I spent $96.22 this week at the grocery store.
- Triple Oat Bake
- Crab Rangoon Egg Wonton Cups (in my head this is amazing – we’ll see!)
- Crustless Smoked Turkey and Ham Spinach Quiche
- Pumpkin scones with string cheese and fresh fruit
- Pancake egg sammie with ham and cheese
- Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing and Grilled Shrimp
- Zucchini lasagna and garlic bread (2 times)
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup and Spinach Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac 3 Ways
- Crock Pot Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes
- Pork chops milanese with caulflower gratin
- Burgers and Pretzel Rolls with Corn on the Cob
- Party Pizza Friday – pretty please Tony?! 😀
I am off to the gym. My goal this week is to hit the gym before work Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. It looks like it might be rainy those days and I am not sure I’ll get my lunch time walk in.
Look at this cool picture I took with my telephoto lens – it was a full moon last night – it was so bright outside on my deck when I let our dog out.
Hope everyone had a great weekend – anything new on your menu this week? I am off to swim! 😀