I’ve had such a lazy morning! I didn’t wake up until 9:15 this morning, and seriously could have spent the whole morning in bed just watching movies. It’s chilly out, rainy. But the last WW meeting was at 10:00 this morning so I got my ass moving.
Yep – up .2. I’ve been hovering around 165 for weeks now. I keep saying I need to step it up, but saying and doing are two different things. So this week my mantra is:
JUST DO IT!
Yesterday I had a delicious breakfast – 6 ounce baked potato hash with spinach, 2 ounces of breakfast sausage and egg beaters.
I couldn’t walk yesterday at lunch – my blood sugar was only 85 and I didn’t want to have to eat just to work out. It actually worked out perfect because I bought my grocery store flyer with me and in an hour I had my whole meal plan for the week and grocery list done.
Lunch was the last of my spicy tomato soup with meatballs – so good!
Tony actually felt up to going out to eat last night – he LOVES sushi. The raw stuff, tuna, shrimp heads, fatty tuna being his favorite. This restaurant used to be in a funky strip mall, but they moved it to a brand new stand alone restaurant about a half mile from where it was.
I realized after I got home that I never took any pictures of our dinner! But here’s basically what it looked like from another trip.
Right now I am cooking down some tomatoes for pasta sauce and baking bacon. Have you ever baked bacon? Just bake it at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness. I bought some apple smoked bacon in the discount bin – 75% off thank you very much. I just store it in the fridge until I need it, or I can chop it up for bacon bits.
So what’s on my menu this week? For me and my SIL’s lunches:
- Sandwich Kings Turkey Burgers with homemade dill pickles
- Spicy Pork stew with zucchini and carrots
- Pork tacos with cilantro lime brown rice and Mexican stewed zucchini
- Pulled Pork sammies on Arnold Thins with coleslaw and sauteed apples
- Shrimp and Artichoke barley risotto
- Swiss steak served over egg noodles
- Pulled Pork Sammies with Coleslaw
- Art Smith’s Fried Chicken drumsticks with mashed taters and green beans
- Baja shrimp tacos with cilantro lime brown rice
- Pork chops Milanese with spring time risotto
- Tuesday I am having dinner out with my Momma!
- Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
I am also going to make more of the three hour baguettes – they didn’t last long last week!
Check out this cheese I found at the grocery store – blue cheese sliced cheese! Wouldn’t this be delicious on a burger?! Have you ever seen this cheese before? I got four slices for $1. 😀
I probably won’t blog tomorrow, but come back Monday to see how the dill pickles turned out! Enjoy your weekend!