I wrote on my Healthy for the Holiday Facebook Page (still not too late to join – friend me at Beth Hills Velatini!) that I was five for five on waking up and getting my ass to the gym. Tony told me last night how proud he was of me for getting up! He keeps telling me that I am beautiful just the way I am, and I know it. He loves that I am doing this for me though.
I don’t know if you can see it, but I thought it was funny that the sound Wake Me Up by Avicii was on the radio when I turned it on. I really liked that song when it first came on, but it’s now like every other song played.
On tap yesterday was shoulders and cardio:
- Smith Machine Military Press: 1 warm-up set, 3 sets of 10 reps
- Upright Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing Dumbbell Military Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Incline Bench Front Dumbbell Delt Raises (go light): 3 sets of 10 reps
- Rear Delt Cable Flyes: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps (Last set is a drop-set.)
- Rear Delt Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps (Last set is a drop-set.)
- Cardio: 30 min medium intensity (running, elliptical, step-mill)
Since there weren’t as many shoulder exercises, that part took me 25 minutes, so I was able to do 40 minutes in the Stair Master. What I like about this program is they have videos for every exercise so I know exactly what I am doing. If I were to look at that list above I would have had no clue what to do!
I wore my big sweat shirt while doing the Stair Master, and while you can’t see it, my shirt underneath was soaked in sweat.
My pre-workout fuel was again my high fiber english muffin with a tablespoon of peanut butter. When I got to work, I had the second half of the baked pumpkin oatmeal with a plain Chobani yogurt. I will definitely be making that again for next week.
And since we were fully staffed and two of my three bosses were out yesterday, I was able to enjoy a medium paced 30 minute swim at the gym at lunch.
And I need to redo my toes – I think this polish has been on since August?!
I had every intention of making Tami’s African Quinoa Peanut stew for lunches this week, but time just got away from me – definitely making it this weekend!
I ended up having leftover Zataran’s black bean and rice and 3 ounces of smoked sausage – tasty, not exactly a cleanse dish, but it did the trick.
As is typical, I almost never meal plan Friday night. While I normally would toss out the idea of Party Pizza Friday (or try to convince Tony to eat pizza!) with my Cleanse on Day 5, and no cheese, I asked Tony what he felt like having for dinner. He suggested grilled whole chicken with potato and carrot rosemary foil packets on the grill. I told him I couldn’t eat potato, so he ended making me a “cleanse” version – sweet potato, carrots, corn and jalapeno – no oil or butter!!!
It was absolutely delicious! Tony sprayed the chicken with Pam, then put garlic salt, pepper and fresh rosemary. Crispy skin!!
Tips for a delicious grilled whole chicken:
- indirect heat – by keeping the chicken above the coals, the chicken drips into the cast iron skillet, not on the coals, so the coals stay nice and hot
- Keep one part of the grill top offset so that there is enough oxygen to keeps the coals stoked
- Butterfly the whole chicken (cut out the backbone) and it will cook in under an hour – this was a 3.5 pound chicken
- Let it rest 15 minutes before cutting
Delicious! Thanks Tony! My only snack of the night was my snack I’ve had all week – 1 ounce of unsalted almonds.
So with my Cleanse, no alcohol is allowed, but I simply sipped on lemon water, and had a couple cups of almond milk coffee and I was fine. I actually went to bed at 10:45 because I was tired, and didn’t wake up until 9:00 a.m. tonight – gotta love a 10+ hour sleep night!
Stats for the Day:
- 1795 calories, 186 carbs, 116 protein, 72 fat, 28 fiber
- B+ calorie count grade (because of high sodium of lunch – nearly 1800 mg for that bowl!)
- 35% of calories from fat, 25% from protein and 40% from carbs
- 25 minute shoulders for strength
- 40 minute Stair Master – 2.44 miles
- 30 minute swim at lunch
For the first time in SIX WEEKS we have no weekend plans. So my streak of wearing makeup and having my hair down have come to an end. My step-son got us tickets to see the new Johnny Knoxville movie at the iPic theater today – so we’ll be seeing that today.
Otherwise, just cleaning, chilling and being Bizzy in My Kitchen – the perfect weekend! Have a great weekend!