I saw this in my Cooking Light magazine (March 2009) and knew I had to give it a try. To make life easier, I “accessorized” my dinner by stopping off at my local Chinese takeout for shrimp fried rice, green beans and peapods.
Asian Marinated Flank Steak
- 3 tablespoons your favorite stir fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound flank steak (trimmed of visible fat)
Put all ingredients in a ziploc bag and marinate for 10 to 24 hours. (I put mine in the fridge this morning). Flank steak needs to marinate because it is a tough meat, and it doesn’t take long to cook. Only 4 minutes a side on a hot grill, and I let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting it across the grain.
Dinner comes in at 442 calories, 12 fat and 48 carbs.
Stats for the Day
- 1467 caloires
- 51 fat
- 161 carbs
- 90 protein
- 13 fiber
- 31% calories from fat, 25% protein and 44% from carbs
- Day 8 of 30 Shred – 20 minutes
- 10 minutes elliptical
- 30 minute walk with Ed after dinner
Off to catch up on American Idol and watch the Sox game with Tony! I have Friday off of work (Good Friday) so tomorrow is my Friday!! See you in the morning!