This recipe made two HUGE loaves! I made the dough before going out to lunch and it quadrupled in size by the time we got back! I punched it down, divided it in two loaves. I left one plain and added 1 cup of wheat berries to the other one. It kind of made a swirl like cinnamon bread!
Sprouted Wheat Berry Bread
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 4.5 cups all-purpose white flour
- In food processor, add 1 cup lukewarm water with 1 tablespoon active dry yeast. Stir to dissolve yeast. Add rmaining water, salt, honey and oil. Mix well.
- Add the flour, one cup at a time, until it holds it shape and doesn’t stick to the bowl anymore. Let food processor run for 5 minutes.
- Remove and place in a BIG greased bowl and let rise 1 hour. Punch down. Divide and bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Lower heat to 300 and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- The bottom should sound hollow when tapped. Cool on wire rack.
I have a feeling this will make really good sandwiches!