Am I the only one who gets a kick out of saving a ton at the grocery store?? I shopped at our local Dominick’s store, which isn’t where I normally do my full grocery shop because it is more expensive than our ethnic grocery store with the awesome deli and produce. But the sale flyer was just too good to pass up!
What’s on the menu? (Remember, breakfast and lunch is just me!)
- zucchini eggs on tostadas with salsa
- breakfast pizza
- spicy oats with fried egg
- Biz typical breakfast sammie
- blueberry buckwheat pancakes
Lunches: (I couldn’t find wheat berries! Next week I’ll go to Whole Foods)
- Dijon croque monsieur (Jan/Feb Cooking Light)
- chili baked potato
- turkey sandwich with tomato soup
- vegetarian tortilla bake
- shrimp stir fry and wonton soup
- herb roasted turkey breast with garlic mashed potatoes and stuffing
- fish taco fiesta with cilantro avocado sauce
- shrimp scampi with spinach fettucini
- chili 3 ways
- pork chops with scalloped potatoes and green beans
Not bad for $84!!
Tony made me breakfast yesterday morning – he makes the best eggs I’ve ever eaten! Thanks honey!
We ate kind of late in the morning thanks to me not getting my ass out of bed until almost 10:00! I heart sleeping in! 😀 Later in the afternoon I got hungry though – I had 1 ounce of Italian beef, 1 healthy living bun, 1 slice of muenster cheese and put it in the toaster oven until it got all melty.
Then these were staring me in the face:
I don’t really bake much, so I probably break every rule in baking by just throwing everything in a big bowl and mixing it up. I had one fatal error though – I added 1 cup of Kashi puff cereal thinking it would give the muffins a bit of a crunch, but in the batter, they just ended up being chewy – so leave it out if you make these! Best part? Nutrition! Each muffin: 130 calories, 2.5 fat, 25 carbs, 3.5 protein and 1.5 fiber. Would that be a 2 point muffin?
Biz’s Low Sugar Banana Muffins (makes 12)
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons smart balance sour cream
- 2 tablespoons no sugar added applesauce
- 1/4 cup egg white
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- zest of fresh nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar free pancake syrup
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- put the Kashi puffed cereal back in the pantry!
Mix everything together. I used my 1/3 cup measure to put in the muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.
We all had a Chinese jones going on, so we had Hannah pick up Chinese on her way home last night. I opted for wonton soup instead of an egg roll – this was 1/3 of the bowl!
Then I had Hunan shrimp as my entree. Tony and I really love Chinese food when we ask for NO ONIONS!
With pork fried rice on the side – NO ONIONS!
I am going to put my leftover Chinese food in the food processor today and see if I can make potstickers out of them. Do you think that would work??
Blogger Meet up Today! I am meeting my friend Mel and her boyfriend J for the first time today – Hannah and I are going to be meeting them up at The Lucky Monk for big ass burgers! I will try to be good and get a salad, but you never know! 😀
If I have time I may post a BSI mushroom recipe – its just darn hard because I don’t like mushrooms!